Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happier times ahead? I think we're ready!

As I look ahead to the last 3 days of summer, before heading back to work full time...I wish for more days, yet I don't. It's the time of year where I am in that conflicted state of mind. I am craving routine and structure to our days, but I don't want the carefree days of sleeping in and "if it doesn't get done today, we'll do it tomorrow" attitude towards life to slip away. I start getting grumpy and realize that I want my house in PERFECT shape before next week, but I don't want next week to come...but then I do...See? Conflicted!

I am excited for this new school year to start! There will be many changes in the Rahn house and I think (hope!) they will all make for a happier home. Each of us will be changing in our own way, and through those outside changes, the inner attitudes will hopefully reflect positively.

Katie will be starting middle school...finally! She has been wishing she could be there for the last 2 years. She has spent many afternoons at the middle school helping with the afterschool musicals that Carleigh was in. Finally, she will be able to audition for the musical and have a locker and change classes, and .... and.... and...
 

Carleigh is developing into the independent teenager that I was told would be coming. She has lots of friends and I know her eighth grade year will be one of the best yet! I just hope we can all survive it. :)



Don is back in fifth grade, where he belongs - after 4 years in fourth grade he will be teaching fifth grade again.


Don's last summer adventure - camping with friends in PA.

And I will be making that much needed, much anticipated jump to Middle School. I CAN'T wait!! The new experiences and people are going to be so refreshing...I crave change and need to shake it up every now and then! Walt Disney and I agree..."If you can dream it, you can do it!" I've dreamed about it long enough and in 3 days I'll be doing it!


Can this say.. "Let the NEW memories begin?"

 So...it's been a great summer, with two fun vacations!



 But the craziness of homework, volleyball, schedules and becoming a working mom again is just around the corner, and ready or not...here we come!

  • Stay tuned for the start of the school year, and trying to figure out how to adjust to all of these changes while maintaining a happy Rahn home! I'm sure there will be stories to tell and pictures to share. :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment