Sunday, June 20, 2010

Report Cards, Planning and Packing.....Oh My!!

    I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz!  Not sure which way to go. I know what my ultimate goal is, and where I need to be…but what is the best path to get there? 

    I pride myself on being able to multi-task, and that is exactly what I need to do right now.

    Don and I have two more days of work.  Cleaning our classroom, getting everything up off the floor (so they can be waxed), doing cumulative student files, finishing report cards to be mailed, closing out curriculum materials and our end of year Staff Recognition Luncheon.  I’ll be getting my 20 year pin and Don will be getting his 15 year pin tomorrow! Can’t believe that!!!

    I also have a hair appointment (have to get it colored and touched up before the trip), want to get pedicures with the girls, and clean the house before Don’s sisters move in for 2 weeks!

    My head is full of what needs to be done, but there aren’t enough hours in the day to get it all done, so I breathe, step back and decide what should be done first…..and then I spend 10 minutes doing that, and jump to another item that can be tackled in 10 minutes, and then I jump…..and then I jump….

    I dug this proverbial hole and now I shall fill it in?  Is that how it goes? Leaving for this GIANT vacation two days after we finish work was my idea, so I can’t complain (at least not out loud!). Very slowly, inch by inch, that hole will be filled in and we will all be on that plane at 12:34 pm on Thursday afternoon, bound for Hawaii.  If we forgot something, or don’t have the perfect outfit or pair of shoes…that’s alright!  They have stores in Hawaii, we will have a car and no one will care if our shoes don’t match our outfit!  I just keep telling myself that!

    On a happier note, Katie had a great second birthday party yesterday (with lots of family), and we also booked a 4 ½ hour snorkel/catamaran boat adventure while on the Big Island for June 30th.  Also, I’ve been e-mailing with my aunt in Maui, and we are getting set for food/adventures/and fun while in Maui.  And….I’ll be able to use her washer/dryer before we leave! (no need for 15 pairs of underwear to be packed now!)

    Off to give Don a buzz cut, and then again on Wednesday evening before we leave…..for the little amount of hair he has on his head, it sure grows FAST!!!

Enjoy your evening and Happy Father’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, you are going to get everything done and you are going to have an amazing time. I have two quotes that I try to remember when I have too much to do and feel completely overwhelmed, "Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day", Mark Twain. Get the biggest task or the task you hate the most done first thing in the morning and then you feel so much better that that task is done it gives you momentum to get everything else done. Second, : Do not fail to do what ought to be done, and do not do what ought not to be done". Don't know where I read this but it helps me stay focused on my to do list and not wander and start doing things that don't really need to be done that moment. Have an awesome time and can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete