Monday, July 11, 2011

VA...NC...SC...GA...FLA...and WDW...day one! July 3-4

We've got a busy summer ahead, so I'm trying to stay ahead on the blog updates.  Our road trip to Florida was relatively uneventful. Our overnight in Savannah was great, thanks to tripadvisor and a great hotel recommendation.  We were able to use Hiltonhonors points, so our Hampton Inn stay was free.

Enjoy the pics as we travel from Virginia to WDW:












After arriving at the Wilderness Lodge, we unpacked, Don relaxed and I took the girls down to the pool.  They were having a 4th of July pool party and the girls enjoyed the hula hoops and pool games.

 Have to rub Humphrey's nose when you arrive at the Wilderness Lodge for good luck!



The view from our balcony!


We then showered and got ready for our first dinner in WDW - Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort.  It's a tradition that our first dinner is at this restaurant.  And it didn't disappoint again this year.





The boat ride to the Contemporary Resort for dinner...











After dinner, there was much debate about going to a park and fighting the masses to see a fireworks show, but we all decided to stay back and see if we could find one of those secret spots that I read about to watch the fireworks from.  We asked at the concierge desk after returning from dinner, and the lady said there was absolutely no place to see the fireworks from at the Wilderness Lodge.  We knew she was wrong, so we headed up to the 6th floor and found the windows that overlook Cinderella's Castle (from a distance).  Sure enough, right on schedule the Magic Kingdom fireworks lit up the sky and we could see everything beautifully.

Yay!! A great beginning and off to bed.  We were heading to the Magic Kingdom for the 8:00 a.m. EMH opening.  I made my wakeup call for 5:45.  Call me crazy, but I love this resort and I couldn't wait to get up and head down at 6:15 to get my mug full of coffee and just enjoy the quiet before I woke everyone else up (that's my tradition at WDW - the first 30 minutes of every day totally to myself wandering around the resort).

No comments:

Post a Comment